Monday, January 3, 2011

The Emergent Emergency! Caca

My soul is deeply troubled by what is happening to my spiritual family. I haven’t been able to watch world events as I should because Satan has attacked our flock, injecting it with his undercover agents, poisoning its water with false doctrine. It was so slow and subtle that even I was sucked into it without even realizing it.

Last night I huddled into a fetal position crying to God begging for His protection. It occurred to me that I couldn’t tell the difference between wolves and sheep. I wasn't even sure if I was a sheep. All I know is that there are wolves around me. What's worse, in today’s churches I’m seeing them infiltrate their leadership, sometimes even by invitation.

Today I’m better now - pretty tired from sleep deprivation - but better.

We live in dark times now, and that darkness has infiltrated many of today’s Christian churches. It saddens me but at least now I have a deeper understanding of these verses in God’s words:

  • (Matthew 7: 22-23) “Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
  • (1Timothy 4: 1) Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
  • (2Timothy 4: 3) For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

Cults and cultic teaching used to be very easy to recognize. One cult will say Jesus isn’t the one true God and He was really hung on a pole, not a cross. Another cult says Jesus is one of many Gods of which we too will become one of.

Most cults are easy to recognize with one of two simple questions. The first question is: “How do I get to Heaven?” If the answer doesn’t focus on Jesus Christ and only Jesus Christ, it’s a cult. But some cultic teaching will acknowledge that Jesus is the only way to Heaven, so then comes the other question: “Are you the only church or denomination that will go to Heaven or have eternal life? If their long-winded answer boils down to a “yes, you must be a member of our church or denomination,” then it’s a cult.

What rattled my cage this last time is that this relatively new cult doesn’t have an official denomination or even official tenets of faith. Instead, it is a poison carried on the backs of wolves in sheep clothing infiltrating the flocks of God. What really breaks my heart to the point of tears is that many of the sheep are swallowing it and so are their pastors.

I’m sure I’ll become hated for exposing this cult, but I must stay true to God and have a biblical mandate to expose error. And guess what? So do you if Jesus Christ is truly your Lord. So what’s the error? Well, as I said, there are not established tenets of faith, but BEWARE of the following traits:

  • An emphasis on experience and feelings instead of biblical absolutes.
  • A de-emphasis on absolutes and doctrinal creeds.
  • A re-evaluation of the place of the Christian church in society.
  • A re-examination of the Bible and its teachings.
  • A re-evaluation of traditionally-held doctrines.
  • A re-evaluation of the place of Christianity in the world.
And a very obvious trait:
  • The desire to glorify oneself – self-promoting – and implying that you should too.

Much of this poison will also be obvious in gatherings or so-called “outpourings” where one or more speakers hold the title of “apostle” or “prophet”. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying a person can’t be a true prophet for God. But I am saying that you will know them by their fruits. If you hear or observe something that causes red flags in you, run away and go read your bible.

So what if you’ve already swallowed the poison, as I did?
  • Get back to the bible, the whole bible, and NOTHING but the bible.
  • Cry to God for protection and healing from this poison, as I did.
  • Encourage yourself in the Lord and know that His return is OBVIOUSLY very soon.

Here are some groups, comments, or teachings to be leery of:
  • Any group that promotes gaining “higher levels” or mountains as depicted in books written by someone with the first name of Rick.
  • Any comment that glorifies angels (or their feathers) more than glorifies God. A worship of angels.
  • Any group that teaches “how to reach higher levels” or “third heaven”. Yes, Paul did say he knew a man who was taken to the third heaven. But God took him there. There is no “how-to”
  • Be VERY careful of “The Elijah List” and all of its teachers. Some may be legit but still, be very careful.
  • Any teaching that promotes the “manifest sons of God” or an elite group of Christians that will overtake the earth for God’s glory. Yes, you will find this term in Romans 8. But look up the word "manifest" yourselves. One version of the bible says "For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are." I like that part "really are".

Do you see the pattern here? This poison promotes self-exaltation or self-promotion, and ignores what God’s word has to say, and it STINKS to High Heaven.


You want truth? Here's something you won't hear in this emergent cult: Sin is sin, Hell is hot, and you will be going there unless you repent and turn to Jesus who is the ONLY truth. Oh, and, yes, the Rapture will be happening soon!


You’ve been warned about this emergent church poison. I beg you to please stay away from it and go back to the Holy Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment